Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Back passenger door stuck

Options
  • 12-11-2009 12:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭

Anyone got an idea how to sort this out?
    The door wont open, when i hit the key fob, i can hear some noise from the door but the dead lock doesnt seem to be moving.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭mikewest

Need more info. What car, make, model and type/year. Does door open from outside? is there a manual lock lever on door i.e. lock button?

With info you have posted it could be anything from child lock to door welded shut (O.K. I know I'm being silly).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭alibabba

Citreon Xsara 2001
    Door doesnt open at all, either with door handle or key fob.
    Its not child lock, i have tried that.
    When you activate key fob, you can hear other locks opening/closing, but there is only a very small noise from stuck door.
    No lock button

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭mikewest

AFAIK you can take off the door panel in the Xsara without having the door open. Two? screws on door handle and prise the clips all round the panel. Very awkward but then you have access to the central locking unit. Try ebay for a replacement first.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭alibabba

mikewest wrote: »
    AFAIK you can take off the door panel in the Xsara without having the door open. Two? screws on door handle and prise the clips all round the panel. Very awkward but then you have access to the central locking unit. Try ebay for a replacement first.

Will try this out, thanks a million.

Advertisement