Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monivea Road this morning

Options
  • 12-11-2009 9:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭

I dont drive on this road (thank god) but I here there were about 7 cars all on the side of the road this morning changing tyres.
    Potholes the size of moon craters cause of issue.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭DD67

I came in that way this morning and only for some kind soul putting a road cone in the offending pot hole (which was massive) and preventing others hitting it i am sure i would have hit it and blown my own tyre, futher on up the road there must have been at least 15 cars pulled in both sides of the road fixing flats and i passed more on the way in properly 20 in all.

I damaged an alloy and blew out a tyre last christmas in a similar suitation and i got compensated by the council there is a risk controller in the council offices in Liosban inductrial estate who sorts out claims if anyone whats his contact details i can post if mods allow or PM the details to whoever wants them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭alibabba

Where exactly is this moon crater ?

On the side of the road heading in to Galway from Monivea just up from the pub / petrol station near Cossaun cross which name escapes me right now its across from a place called the Dolmin stables (i think)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,408 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Has anyone called the council to actually Report the pothole yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭muskyj

kippy wrote: »

someone rang someone!
    guards out there now photographing it!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Wow , if the guards are out then 'a member' must have lost a wheel in it .

Get a copy of this report off the guards and then claim early and claim often :D

I drove out the Monivea road for the first time in a while last weekend(I used to drive it quite often) and the road appears to be in terrible condition in general. It was never great but now its very bad.

Where the lorrys servicing the new motorway using this road?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

DD67 wrote: »
    I came in that way this morning and only for some kind soul putting a road cone in the offending pot hole (which was massive) and preventing others hitting it i am sure i would have hit it and blown my own tyre, futher on up the road there must have been at least 15 cars pulled in both sides of the road fixing flats and i passed more on the way in properly 20 in all.

I damaged an alloy and blew out a tyre last christmas in a similar suitation and i got compensated by the council there is a risk controller in the council offices in Liosban inductrial estate who sorts out claims if anyone whats his contact details i can post if mods allow or PM the details to whoever wants them.

Can you PM me the details please? Damaged 2 wheels and punctured a tyre recently on a bad pothole out in Connemara...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

Zzippy wrote: »
    Can you PM me the details please? Damaged 2 wheels and punctured a tyre recently on a bad pothole out in Connemara...

Ouch....

Any chance somebody could pm me these details too; I never realised such a person existed in the council; handy details to have.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

DD67, can you link to the website of this claims person?
    If it's not official info don't post it here, use PMs.

Magnus wrote: »
    DD67, can you link to the website of this claims person?
    If it's not official info don't post it here, use PMs.

Its not on any website, i got the contact by going through the Roads and Transport unit of the Galway county council. I will PM the contact to anyone who has suffered damage from pot holes but your not guarenteed compensation.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 robbie86

can any one send me info how to contact the crowd about the potholes. got two flat tyres and a bust rim out a small fortune over it:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭jaysusjones

kippy wrote: »

Fair play to you Kippy, at least something may get done now!!...

One of the girls in work broke an alloy in that mess, I'll let her know she can probably claim back from the council.. What good is paying road tax for roads that break your car.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 kiloughter

All i will say is that if the maintenance of national/regional roads is handed over from Local Authority to private companies (as has been mooted) they will be in a far worse state. The state of local roads in or near the M6 depots are atrocious. The contracting company as part of the design/build arrangement are obliged to maintain local roads during the build lifetime such is the high volume of their trucks using local roads to access the depot at Kiltullagh and also the toll station at Cappatagle. The raods are woeful. Basically the contracting company do not care and want to get the motorway finished asap so that they can start collecting cash.

alibabba wrote: »
    I dont drive on this road (thank god) but I here there were about 7 cars all on the side of the road this morning changing tyres.
    Potholes the size of moon craters cause of issue.

i was 1 of them:mad:

It was in the local papers recently, the county council were struggling to get the NRA to hand over the bobs to maintain the roads during the motorway build

• Registered Users Posts: 3,099 ✭✭✭whitelightrider

I was one of the unlucky ones who blew out a tyre.
    DD67 do you have that info handy? Can you PM it to me and I can get the claim sent in to them?

I am trying to find out has anyone had any success with the county council regarding the pothole incident on the monivea road last month

• Advertisement
Advertisement