Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I really dislike my only tatoo

Options
  • 12-11-2009 1:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

Hello,
    I didnt realise their was a tatoo section...lol

I got a tatoo two years ago when I was on holiday.
    I was rather intoxicated, I feel it was thw most ridiculous thing I have ever done, I think tatoo's are okay on other people,

I just have never being a tatoo guy, I cover it up when on holidays as I feel it is not a true reflection of me,

Just wondering has anyone else got a tatoo they dont like or opionion on what to do,

Looked into getting it removed yet it will still leave a scar, though about another tatoo - thinking my dislike of my tatoo would go away if I got another one,,'madness i know!'

Will I get used to it in time that it will no longer bother me so much, its on my upper arm. the most ridiculous thing ive ever done i have to say

Thank you and apprecaite advice

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭9wetfckx43j5rg

Your probably better off posting in the Tattoos and Piercing section

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 policymaker

Your probably better off posting in the Tattoos and Piercing section
    oh thanks, sorry i didnt realise their was a section on tatoo's -

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Moved from F&A. You should find more revilant information here.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

As the post has been moved to Tattoos & Piercings, I've restored the original text. OP if you want it removed again, just let me know.

Thanks for transferring it OldGoat! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Show us the tattoo, it may be small enough/the right colour to get it covered up by something better.
    I say this because, Most tattoos you see drunkenly done on holiday are shíte and people don't like them because they're shíte and not really because they don't like having a tattoo.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20 krystel

well i guess you need to think about all options. depending on how big it is you could always get it lasered off and yes, you will have a scar, but if it's a small tattoo it wont be that terrible.

the other option is to get it covered up *but* you have to make sure this is the right way to go for you. My understanding is you dont like tattoos on your own body so i dont think getting it covered up would change your opinion at all.

if i were you, i would go to a tattoo parlour and discuss it with an actual artist, talk about your feelings on tattoos etc ... this will be non judgemental, nothing to do with one of your mate telling you it's sh*te. you'll have a better understanding of the options available to you and the consequences (if any). if the artist realises you're not really keen on getting it covered up he just wont do it and will probably tell you to go and get it lasered off.

keep us posted :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

krystel wrote: »
    well i guess you need to think about all options. depending on how big it is you could always get it lasered off and yes, you will have a scar, but if it's a small tattoo it wont be that terrible.

the other option is to get it covered up *but* you have to make sure this is the right way to go for you. My understanding is you dont like tattoos on your own body so i dont think getting it covered up would change your opinion at all.

if i were you, i would go to a tattoo parlour and discuss it with an actual artist, talk about your feelings on tattoos etc ... this will be non judgemental, nothing to do with one of your mate telling you it's sh*te. you'll have a better understanding of the options available to you and the consequences (if any). if the artist realises you're not really keen on getting it covered up he just wont do it and will probably tell you to go and get it lasered off.

keep us posted :)
    a good answer here, this would be my recommendation also. As scary looking as they may be, the guys covered in ink with the guns (tattoo guns that is) are some of the nicest and most unjudgemental people I've ever met. They will be straight with you and help however they can. If you want recommendations of artists in your area then im sure people here could help (if we could find out where you are based :) )

Splinty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 loconnor

I had a specific tattoo that I got around 10 years ago, I was intoxicated, and it was done at a tattoo party...horrible idea. I finally had it covered with something else last summer and love it now. Removal is a painful and lengthy process, would totally recommend finding yourself a good cover up artist and having another go!

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Rabbit Heart

I've got the one tattoo I got a few years ago on holiday.
    I despise the thing so much. It doesnt even look like what its supposed to look like plus its on my leg - I hate leg tattoos :/
    When I wear dresses/skirts, I almost always wear tights to cover it.
    Tbh, I only got it for the sake of getting a tattoo so its my own fault really.
    I plan on getting it removed but thats not going to be for a while.

I love tattoos and plan on getting more but I'm now more wary of getting one and I'll be getting one that actually means something to me. ;)

Advertisement