Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

used car values end of this year V beginning of next

Options
  • 12-11-2009 12:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭

This is a n00b question:
    Is there much of a difference in buying a 2nd car (08\09) at the end of Q4 2009 V early Q1 2010? I have been of the (quite probably mistaken) belief that once it becomes Jan 1 2010 all the car prices for 09 and before will drop a few grand. I just assumed it works this way because of our car reg plate system. Is this completely wrong or does it go from the month of when the car was registered or purely market conditions or how does it work?
    Presuming that i am wrong, when does revenue update the book value of cars for VRT due for registering u.k. imports?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,405 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

This would normaly be the case. most 09 and 08 cars are being sold at a loss, and there won't be many 08/09 trade ins. I can't see a huge change in prices coming in Jan

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

hmm...so i've put off changing my car for nought! I thought i'd save a few grand by waiting till January.

Advertisement