Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PIGs Open Investigation: Wicklow Gaol 14/11/09

Options
  • 12-11-2009 12:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭

Following on from ParaCon the PIGs are holding an open investigation in Wicklow Gaol this Saturday the 14th November.

We've got space for 20 people with a number of non-Boardsies we met on Saturday coming along. We'll be meeting at 8.45pm in the carpark of the Gaol and working through til 2am. Its €50 for the night (paid directly to Wicklow gaol) and snacks are included.

This is open to anyone and no experience of investigating is needed. You'll be mucking in though, this isnt a tour! Obviously its only a few days away so express your interest here. I might have space in my car for 1 or 2 people but its generally a case of getting yourself there and home.

I'll post up some practical bits shortly.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭MrMojoRisin

No offence now,but I would have definitely signed up for this if the notice had been longer. A week's notice at least. Like, I have to work this Saturday so it's a definite no-no for me :( But good luck anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

There might be another one the following week. This weekend is going to be well stormy. Perfect paranormal investigation weather. You always get EVP when its windy. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭Traze

Hi Guys, would love to go this weekend but i wil be only heading back from charleville sat. and hubby away so i was lucky to get a minder for kids for one night lol. hopefully i can join you again, have never been to do a investigation in the goal so am mighty interested in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭Logan

Hey would have loved to go but broke.. Traze your missing out..

Logan wrote: »
    Hey would have loved to go but broke.. Traze your missing out..

I know hun but alas charleville is a calling me hehehehehehe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Ruth KPS

Oh I love Charleville!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,633 ✭✭✭stormkeeper

I'm back in London now, but was interested in doing the one the following week, provided it goes ahead. If it does go ahead, I'll be travelling out the day before.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

D'oh should have said, we canceled this because of the match today .. few people pulled out. At this stage we'll be re-scheduling for the new year as Wicklow is super busy and PIGs have a fair few private investigations to get through.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,633 ✭✭✭stormkeeper

Fair enough, these things happen :)

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭feelio

Have yet to visit charlville & wicklow gaol - which is more haunted :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Ziycon

feelio wrote: »
    Have yet to visit charlville & wicklow gaol - which is more haunted :eek:
    Personally I prefer Wicklow Gaol, much more fun. I've only been to Wicklow Gaol once, but with that said it seems quite active, haven't done a proper investigation there yet though.

Both locations have be said to have activity in them, It is best to investigate as many locations as you are allowed to and also that has been known to have paranormal activity, so many teams have visited these places so i am sure there will be alot of different opinions on them.

Ive been to Charleville and Wicklow loads of times each. I have never seen a ghost in each place. Charleville is bigger and charges lots of money but is very restrictive on what you can do on the night, Wicklow wasn't but is going the same way. Heard this I cant explain in both places, never seen a s ghost.

In short they are both the bread and butter of the paranormal. Probably not haunted, quite expensive but easy to get and a good place to try out a group.

G

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 whatsanorb

hi all i too have been to both wicklow gaol and chareville and i dont think 60 and 50 euros is expencive as i have done a tour with i wont mention no names to investage blackwater and what we paid would get us in 4 times to both theses places , and if you like going to investagions id truly say go to both of them if you can as they are places not to be missed also kinnity is a great place too loads of people have heard a child crying in the rooms and that was the clints from the castle not the paranormal teams saying that ,

whats and orb I was referring to the cost upon the groups for private investigations. Groups would generally not go on the Wicklow tour with the English medium, its very entertaining but more than a little faked plus there is no option to use your equipment or do your own thing. The only way to do this is to go in a small private team and that can cost up to and over 100 per person. Wicklow usually charge per person and Charleville have started doing it aswell. You used to be able to book wicklow/cville for 400 per night and bring 20 people or 5 people. Recently cville quoted me at 40 euro per person to have the place from 10pm-2am and this was just for a tour, no investigation. Not worth it imo when for 40 quid 4 years ago we would have the entire building and grounds, unsupervised to investigate as we wished from 2pm to 11am the following day for the same price pp.

Some groups charge huge money (140 euro for a night in ross) madness.Ive met a few people who have paid this and the group who charge it. Its a scam of the highest order and I certainly wouldnt like to say to someone willing to part with 140 quid to sit in an empty room ....

Grimes "there is a ghost in the corner"
    Punter "no there isnt"
    Grimes "there is cant you see it"
    Punter "no"
    Grimes "there it moved!!!"
    Punter "I saw that"
    Grimes "140 to see a ghost, not bad"

Ill would be willing to convince all of you that Jesus himself is in the room if you want to give me 140 euro. The only thing that stops me is Im not a ****.

We got Charliville in October for €60 per person, I think it was quite worth it since we slept there too. :D

Ruth KPS wrote: »
    We got Charliville in October for €60 per person, I think it was quite worth it since we slept there too. :D

I have been there many times in the past few months but not investigating. What were the conditions of the investigation? Charleville isnt done half as much as it used to be.Where did you sleep?

You can go pretty much everywhere except the family quaters. :)

Sleep on airbeds and camp beds but your in front of a roaring fire, but you must wrap up well.

Grimes can i state as a volunteer for charleville and a member of PRAI, it is a fantastic place to visit. Now i am not doing no promotional crap here i am giving my point of view . If a group want to stay at charleivlle it is normally 60 per head. depending on what type of group you are depends on what areas of the castle you will be allowed to go into. For example a group a few weeks ago just wanted the trill of staying in a castle over night and have a few drinks with there friends. So of course they where only allowed entry to morning room, ballroom as i am sure alot of people are fully aware the castle is under construction and you cant have people with a few drinks on board wondering around and getting hurt. If its a paranormal team they will be supervised if new but they do get to have alot more access to other areas of the castle. Apart from bonnie and dudley quarters, understandably as it is their home.
    60 euro is a fantastic price if you ask me, and all money goes towards making sure charleivlle is restored to the best of the trustees ability, unlike other places who charge a arm and a leg and do not try to keep the natural beauty of there surrounds but let them fall into disarray . Yes i love this castle and am always awed by it every time i visit

totally agree, love the place :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement