Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Place to get good free images/photos?

Options
  • 12-11-2009 12:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭

I'm just starting web design and I'm looking to find a good source of photos that I can use in my sites. I found photobucket.com but couldn't find anything on there saying whether the photos could be used or how to ask for permission.

Anyone got any good tips for getting photos for sites?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭smcelhinney

Ive always found www.sxc.hu useful.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

istockphoto.com - you have to pay for them but the quality of the images makes it worth it, also if you are getting paid to do a site a few quid on images is nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

@ smcelhinney

cheers, i'll check them out. whats the story with copyright and all that with that site. Is it legal to use them in websites?

@ Axwell

Your right, if someone was paying me to do a website, I'd pay for good photos but I'm just starting out and need to build a portfolio. Can you think of anywhere license free?

Can you use the photos as many times and where ever you want once you've bought them?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭herya

sxc.hu lists mostly free images, to be sure check the licence requirements each pic has. It's a huge repository and it's good for training your eye as most images are crap, some are very decent though. Good opportunity to learn how to choose appropriate quality material.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭herya

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

Brilliant herya, thanks.

Keep em coming people. This is a good list to compile for anyone else visiting

Advertisement