Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coeliac Eating In Dublin??

Options
  • 11-11-2009 11:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19

Hi,
    Im wondering if anyone knows any good places in Dublin to either get just a snack with a coffee or a meal with friends that gluten free? Im sick of going to places and asking and getting looks like Im not speaking English anymore. Ive stopped eating when Im out and bring a snack or somthing with me because of this. I know starbucks does some snacks but Im kinda bored of them.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

I was in the lighthouse cinema in smithfield last week and their café has a (small) selection of gluten free biccies. I'm almost sure Insomnia did as well the last time I was in.

Café Bar Deli will make any of their pasta dishes with gluten free pasta for an extra euro

There's a list of restaurants on menupages that claim to be coeliac friendly

http://www.menupages.ie/cuisines/coeliac_friendly.aspx

Possibly worth giving the restaurant a buzz beforehand though to make sure they are actually coeliac friendly and didn't just tick a box when setting up their profiles!

The Millstone on Dame st appears to have a dedicated Coeliacs menu, might be worth a goo!

http://www.menupages.ie/cuisines/coeliac_friendly/restaurants/millstone_restaurant/menu.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭supersheeps

My hubby's a coeliac, so we're used to the strange looks and cluelessness in some places! Good places to eat are:
    Millstone-very clued in, extensive menu
    Itsa Bagel in Arnotts-bagels and cakes
    Lemon on Sth William St/Dawson St.-get the buckwheat pancakes
    Cornucopia on Wicklow St-cakes and veggie meals
    Costa Coffee-just started doing gf brownies-it's a start!
    Apparently the Cake Cafe off Camden St are now doing gf cake
    Bewleys Grafton St-gf chocolate cake
    Avoca cafe Suffolk St-usually have something there
    O'Briens in Dundrum village have started doing gf sandwiches
    Beshoffs in O Connell St-gf fish n chips
    Pregos in Lucan (Ballyowen centre)-the holy grail for coeliacs-pizza and pasta, worth a trip!

Hope this helps!

Advertisement