Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC connect cable modem through wireless belkin advice

Options
  • 11-11-2009 11:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Hi Guys,

Techie help, trying to set up internet for dad, he has internet by UPC with a blue cable modem it looks old skool.....and is connected through cable (UPC)...i have read countless posts on here but cant seem to follow them proberly.

I have removed the ethernet cable from his blue cable modem and connected it to a Belkin wirless G modem and then connected the standalone computer to the belkin and i have internet, however the new laptop at other end of house picks up the wireless signal but is looking for WEP key???

How can i get this wep key i have tried all the 192.168.2.1 192.168.1.1 etc etc

CMD and then ipconfig etc when the cable modem is soley connected the ip is at something like 192.168.100.1 (im not in his house at moment so just using memory) and thas fine, but once i conncet the belkin which i should note is ADSL +2 etc i cannot vonnect to the belkins home page i.e. where i can get in and check mac address etc...i tried ipconfig when using belkin and this gives address along the lines of 79.57.45.10.1 which i thought was weird?

Am i been a total idiot and misreading that people said they have had succes in connnecting UPC cable through wireless this way?

ANy help appreciated....

Thanks,

FMI

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭ryanch09

The WEP key is usually under the modem. If it's not there try connecting the wireless modem up on it's own without the cable modem and see can you access the modem page

Advertisement