Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

self-build sound trigger

Options
  • 11-11-2009 11:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭

Hi guys, I've started a thread over on the electronics forum, looking for some advice on components for a sound trigger. If any of you have done anything similar I'd appreciate your help!

Mods, if I should not be referring to another post in this way, apologies, and delete as necessary.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭gary82

There was a thread on it here before: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055615966

I was very interested in this, until I coped that my D60 will only do IR remote release!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Prenderb

This device is intended to activate a flash rather than the shutter. The intention is that you set your camera to bulb for an extended exposure, then the noise of the balloon popping or water dropping etc sets off the flash to expose the frame. That's why the background in those shots are always so dark!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

I've got mine, but it does not want to get triggered by sound I produce - it is not enough sensitive for my purposes, unfortunately.
    I have tested it with few object being crashed, beaten and destroyed, but the golf ball won't trigger it :/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Prenderb

I got it, built it, and wow, it works! It hasn't been used in anger yet, but it does activate a flash when the fingers are clicked. Great feeling!

Thonda, did you adjust the sensitivity of the setup with the potentiometer?

Advertisement