Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gas Boiler, Advice needed please

Options
  • 11-11-2009 10:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

Last week we went to turn on Gas boiler for first time since spring and nothing would happen. Plumber came out to have a look today and told us the whole inside was burnt out and he's never seen anything like it. He told us that we would have to install a whole new boiler.
    We only moved into the house which is a new build in Sept 08 so boiler only used for a few months. There is only a year warranty on the boiler, which has passed. Would we have a leg to stand on with builder or boiler manufacturer???
    My partner was just made redundant and Christmas is coming I'm so depressed at thoughts of where we will find €1,500 + :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Why was the boiler burnt out did the plumber say. This is not common. ALTHOUGH if the flu is fitted incorrectly water can flow back in....

I dont think you will get anywhere with guarantee;s howver if you want help sourcing a cheap boiler PM me letting me know the type you have.

So i could not be more help

Contact by email first the manufactures of the boiler and have them come out to identify the reason for the boiler failing, it does not matter that there was only a years warranty, a product must be built to a standard that makes it fit for the purpose it was designed for(asper trading standards), i would be surprised if it's a boiler manufacturing fault , so a manufacture should be happy to document the reason for the breakdown, which will then help you identify the person responsible as someone would have signed off on your installation , also you may be able to get your house insurance company involved if there is any damage and they tend to be good at putting manors on manufactures, Gary.

Advertisement