Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I get Broadband from my exchange!

Options
  • 11-11-2009 10:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Please could someone tell me if I can get broadband. Got phone line disconnected as no broadband available. Lo and behold 6 weeks after I get phone disconnected my exchange broadband enabled. Well after Eircom telling me for 3 years it coming to my area I gave up on them :rolleyes:.
    Because I live just over 3 miles from my exchange would whatever broadband i get be worth getting re-connected for? Eircom tell me that I "probably" get 1 mb speed!
    Thanks guys!
    Much appreciated! :D

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

without knowing the exchange that all sounds perfectly reasonable and soem exchanges being enabled today were announced 3 years ago . You will max at 1-2 mbits so get the 1mbit package ....they may even have tested your line before you disconnected but reconnection is free right now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 heidi girl

Thanks for that!;)
    Will just to have to re-connect and try it out! On to Eircom today and they looking for E25.99 to re-connect and offering 1mb package. Vodafone seems to be doing better deal as I have bill pay phone with them. They not looking for re-connection fee and offering me 3mb package for less than Eircom:D.
    Wasnt sure if i could get decent broadband as over three miles from exchange but will give it go now.
    Thanks again:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

It is free as the cabling is there ( in situ)

Complain to Comreg that they are ignoring their own pricing .see here

http://www.eircom.ie/About/Activities/internet_special_offer.pdf

info@comreg.ie

That should mean you get free engineer visits to sort the line out ....at least :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 lawrenceSummer

where do you live, what exchange is it?

Advertisement