Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is the leaving getting to anyone yet?

Options
  • 11-11-2009 10:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭

Is it? Today I was so tired I had a nap for half an hour! but at least there is only 8 months and it will all be over.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 nabacliom

Oh I hear ya! There are days where I just want to crawl into my bed and not get up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭aoifeX

yup it is!:(
    bring on the summer!! go craazy:P
    ha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Mary007

It's awful, like from September to Mid-Term it wasn't too bad but now just ugh :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

I've got Christmas tests in a little over a week and i started studying saw how much work i had to do and gave up for the night!
    There's a lot to do, but i just keep telling myself theres loads of time.. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭NightOwl91

same.... :(
    its like my study has gone out the window :(
    feel like crying :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Get used to napping in class :) (I typically napped in Maths, religion a bit to, explaining my very good grade in Maths and woeful religion grade........obviously)

Post-Leaving Cert summer was the biggest let down ever......dont get your hopes up!

The people who were the most adamant about not letting the Leaving getting to them tended to be the ones who freaked out a bit at some stage. Try not to think about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭yourmano

Just keep organised. Easier said than done. I went back to do the Leaving and found it far easier the second time cos I really wanted and needed it. Not advocating doing that might I add but just felt I was more organised. If you want it badly enough and work hard enough you'll get there. Regular treats help too. Chin up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭irish-anabel

Wow I'm exactly the same as EVERYONE who as replied! Sometimes I think it would be easier to drop out... :D
    I'm trying to balance social life and study but that went out the window, more in favour of social life

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭3fullback

Its very rough, got sick there for a week best week off ever feeling a bit energised now , did my first honest 3 hours study today , god there is soooooooooooo much to do before x-mas exams next week :(... but were all in the same boat get it done, remember guys 7 months time sipping cocktails somewhere nice ....lol !!!! anywhere ! just imagine 7 months time that is it school done and dusted never have to worry about it ever again no teachers no getting up at 9 .. aaaaaaaaaaaaaa i cant wait .. freedoms just round the corner !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭Jako8

There's a lot to do, but i just keep telling myself theres loads of time.. :o

I do this too :o I still haven't done a tap. I really need to get studying.

I'm fairly lid back so I'm too easily stressed out so no it's not really to getting to me.

• Advertisement

3fullback wrote: »
    .. freedoms just round the corner !!!!

7 month long corner...
    but yeah I try to comfort myself with that too but I mean if I'm this stressed now imagine what I'll be like in say... 4 months?!

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭MaggieNF

haha yeah i am tired alllllllllllll the time, want to sleep forever.

its draining though. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds

Don't underestimate the power of sleep, nutrition or exercise. Mind yerselves

• Registered Users Posts: 14,401 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

ive been sick of school since the end of T.Y...tired everyday after school...sick of seeing same fággot teachers everyday bar a few

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭Enid.

totally...

my rel ed teacher took me aside and started telling me how "it was so awful to see someone who used to be so lively so...tired." and i was like "mmmhmm ya ok" and then immediately afterwards i thought wait! i AM tired.

grrr.

haha me too! I've been told by more than one person how its the worst year of your life. Well comforting to know that it doesn't get worse than this :D

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭3fullback

haha me too! I've been told by more than one person how its the worst year of your life. Well comforting to know that it doesn't get worse than this :D

and that hopefully:D its a once off

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭stainluss

Keep motivated.

Youre not doing this just for a number on a page, it goes beyond that.

Have your eyes on a goal for your future (course, job etc.) and think about it at least once a day.

That what helps me get up in the morning, anyways.:pac:

What gets me up in the morning is breakfast.

If I thought about dream career (and how unreachable it is) I'd hide under the covers again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Daragh101

yeah!!...on a saturday night when that first pint touches my lips, its heaven!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭aoifeX

awh stop thank god for drink:D makes u 4get all bout them aul tests comin up in june;) ha

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 327 ✭✭zoom!

Ye I'm too tired to do study a lot of the time. But I do my best to get it done (sometimes :(). It'll all be over soon

• Registered Users Posts: 11 smurk

uck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so uck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 amy.can.live

Yes, yes and yes. Friday night I was supposed to go out with my boyfriend to a our friend's gig...guess who fell asleep and when I woke up, I just felt like rubbish so I cancelled lol. and then last night I was up with friends watching a film in my house and I fell asleep on my boyfriend's shoulder, I must be so attractive right now! lol.

I'm finding it so hard to study as well...especially irish and spanish...I just can't. Maths is easy enough to study for, just do the questions over and over again and the other things are just learning off information but with irish and spanish there's the verbs and the tenses and then don't get me started on my spanish and irish orals. I've an irish oral book that I can't even look at without feeling sick haha.

I'd love to just be allowed sleep for a month straight and then start working again, like a hibernation thing xD

• Registered Users Posts: 11 smurk

awh sleep sounds soooo goood!!! :) cant wait 4 july! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

This thread makes me feel guilty...

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭RexMundi

I am trying to balance social life and study.

The result being having virtually no social life and finding myself unable to study... not good...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 donam321

yup yup im jus tired and teachers aint helpin all expectin honours and pushing towards it :mad:

Advertisement