Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where can i buy snowboarding gear in Ireland?

Options
  • 11-11-2009 7:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

Hi there, im going snowboarding in January to Mayrhofen in Austria, its my third year now and was starting to see a good improvement last year in my ability so was thinking its about time to upgrade from my starter board. Im living in Co. Waterford and so was wondering where i could buy good quality boards boots and bindings anyway close. Shipping costs on ebay will be quite high although there are some smashing burton stuff on there.
    Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭tom francy

snow and rock in dundrum and great outdoors in dublin are the too main stores there are other smallers one i cant think of rite now....
    hope it helps
    53 degrees north in blanch is another big store

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

Bindings on line you can get last years models for cheeeper :).. rhome are good k2 are good never used burton cant say. flows well that your choice i use a flow design with straps there called K2 cinchs and i think there awesome..

boots i try on a every boot you can find, just because each one fits differently then the other.
    you dont want any pinching you one a nice fitting boot you will get some heal lift in them but remember bend zee knees... and take time to make sure they fit you... dont be rushed you will wear them for 6 7 hours of a day and they should fit nice a snug...

if you like me where youve got really flat feet at the front and skiny ankles youle catch my drift.

A board dont know whats hot but it really depends if you plan on jibing or you wanna ride pow... or booth ?

i like sapient snow boards they take a trashing and ride really nicely and don't brake like my burton board did.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭am i bovvered

My wife got kitted out in Snow and Rock today, quite a good deal, def worth a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭edmund_f

For what its worth - TK Maxx in waterford and kilkenny both carry snowboard boots (usually DC), might be worth a look

Advertisement