Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Trinity interview-how much French needed?

Options
  • 11-11-2009 6:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭

Hi, just wondering if anyone knows how much, if any, of the PGDE interview will be in French? French is my main subject. I know I'm thinking way ahead, haven't even applied yet! Just worried about how to prepare for this...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭peanuthead

If French is your main subject, I'm pretty sure that most of the interview will be conducted in French.

Having sat the interview in English, for English I will give you a list of questions they gave me:

Why do you want to teach?
    Tell us a little about what you have been doing since leaving college
    How would you teach Junior certificate poetry
    How do you know when a class has been successful?
    Tell us about a book you have read. What kind of books do you like to read in your spare time?
    What was your own school experience like

The interview is very relaxed and conversation like. Being a French student you should prepare something to say about time spent in France.

One thing I will say is it's very hard to know how it goes afterwards. I did a great interview and still didn't get in!! There's a lot of competition, so make sure you apply throug PAC too!!

Good Luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭D.Mar

Oh no, I think I'd do a good enough interview in English, but it will be much more basic in French. This is terrible!! thanks for the info though, very helpful

Advertisement