Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone know what this is...

Options
  • 11-11-2009 6:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭

It looks to me like it belongs with a truck:)
    winchhook.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭motorman

eeeehhhhhhh its a hook

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

It is a lifting hook with swivel attached to a 'D' shackle.

Could be for a digger or teleporter or the Hiab off a truck.

I take it you found it somewhere?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭landkeeper

how much do you want for it :D i have a chain waiting for that

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭aerosol

Lol, a hook,get away!!:D

I'm having a clear out of my workshop and found it under a cabinet.Can almost remember getting it as part of a job lot in an auction a while back.:confused:

Landkeeper, it most certainly is for sale.I'll put it up on adverts,just to keep in the rules.Whats it worth??;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭landkeeper

i honestly dont know where are you im in meath the postman might be a bit pissed with that in a jiffy bag

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Jonty

without a cert they are worth feck all

How does a cert work for a hook and shackel? Ta

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

If it was to be used on a site, for health and safety reasons it would have to be certified to lift up to a certain weight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭pakalasa

Yep, all hooks, even small lifting eyes, have to be certified now.
    Stops people using cheap crap in dangerous situations.

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭KoNiT

your all wrong... it's a tiled floor...and a tape with upside down numbers- I'll get me coat.:p

Wouldn't cost too much to get certified - every 6 months (afaik) if it touches the floor (rule of thumb).
    Gimmie a pm & i'll put you in contact with a lad who can cert it. but you could still sell it as "uncertified" as the buyer would have to add it to his list... then again he might not bother

What are they rated at?

'D' shackle looks unusual in photo without too much "meat" around the hole considering size of pin, could be angle of picture.

• Advertisement

That nos would be good,thanks Konit.

The hook is rated 8ton and the shackle 11ton:)

Advertisement