Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My house is broken!!!

Options
  • 11-11-2009 5:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Hey,

This is going to sound a little bit nuts, but my house seems to be a tad but broken and there isn't any explanation as to why it should be.
    The heating system has had weeks of work done to it and it still won't work, lamps that are fairly new (less than a year old) blow and stop working altogether, I've also heard footsteps on the stairs when I first moved in and felt like sombody was behind me walking up the stairs.
    the most recent one wasa my lodger heard somebody playing a guitar that is in my sitting room...I can't play guitar and have never touched it.

Am I going a little bit gaga and imagining this (and have the worst luck ever!) or does anybody else think this is just a bit weird?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Did you have the wiring checked out?
    Do you have nieghbours who share a common wall, could they have been playing music?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Ziycon

Most times situations like this turn out to be nothing. As Thaedydal said, have you had the wiring in the house checked to be up to standards with no shorts or sruges? Are you sure the person working on the heating system is trust worthy and reliable, they may just be trying to get more money out of you?

With that aside, do you know if there is any history to the house or have you looked into it yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭bigeasyeah

Is there a guitar in the house?

Advertisement