Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

XBox console repairs?

Options
  • 11-11-2009 3:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 195 ✭✭

Hey, anyone know of any shop in town where I could drop off an Xbox to have it's disc drive repaired? All the game shops have told me to just ring Xbox as I'm not under the 1yr warranty anymore so they don't want to know me!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

Gambra wrote: »
    Hey, anyone know of any shop in town where I could drop off an Xbox to have it's disc drive repaired? All the game shops have told me to just ring Xbox as I'm not under the 1yr warranty anymore so they don't want to know me!

Im pretty sure the warranty is alot longer than 1 year. Just ring microsoft and see what they say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 195 ✭✭Gambra

No it is 1yr for the whole machine, it's only 3yrs for the "Red Ring Of Death" problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BrendanD

Hi its not just a case of replaceing the drive , you will have to copy the key from the old drive to the new , there is a sticky in the consul modding forum and 2 people in limerick who can help you , if you have any problems drop me a pm

i assume its an xbox 360 ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 195 ✭✭Gambra

Those lads in the Modding thread only seem to do flashing of drives, I don't want it hacked I just want the actual disc drive replaced. Maybe it just would be easier to pay Micro$oft to do it..

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BrendanD

no it wont be hacked but its the same process for recovering your orignal key and writing it back

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭CCSL

They are out opposite the hurlers pub. They can replace the drive and re flash it for you.

and quite reasonable too!:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

CCSL wrote: »
    They are out opposite the hurlers pub. They can replace the drive and re flash it for you.

and quite reasonable too!:cool:

Hey thanks mine needs the same as of
    Friday.
    How long can I survive with L4D2 out and
    Assassins Creed 2 on the way! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Hey thanks mine needs the same as of
    Friday.
    How long can I survive with L4D2 out and
    Assassins Creed 2 on the way! :(

I thought Left 4 Dead 2 was not out until this Friday?

+1 to the place mentioned on the thread. They are good and quick.

I thought it was being released on the 17th,
    which was today.
    No matter need to get my xbox sorted
    before I even consider buying any games.
    Thanks again!

I thought it was being released on the 17th,
    which was today.
    No matter need to get my xbox sorted
    before I even consider buying any games.
    Thanks again!

Just had a quick look at the website. It is 17th for North America, and the 20th for Europe.

I was getting my hopes up when you first mentioned the 17th for here. :D

• Advertisement

Sorry about that I will double check next
    time so I dont end up upsetting anyone.

Sorry about that I will double check next
    time so I dont end up upsetting anyone.

Nothing to be sorry about, just means I wait a few extra days to kill lots of zombies. :D Think I will replay the first one tonight to get back into the hang of things.

Found an ad for the place ye were
    talkin about will check it out at the weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Particle-Boy

Hey there, can someone PM me the details or post them here for that crowd who fix the xBoxs in Limerick? Mine just got the red ring of death and I'm looking for a fast fix for it. Good old withdrawal symptoms dont you know!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7 rich_limerick

the name of the company is cost products and they share premises with expertpc oppositte the hurlers pub on the dublin road. Ken is the guy to deal with 061 749951.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

Can others who have gone to them also say if they are worth it? As in, your consoles didn't break down after like a week?

Advertisement