Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tests for anions

Options
  • 11-11-2009 2:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭

in chemistry.would it be ok to just avoid these altogether? they featured more prominently last year than in other years so would you reckon it'd be fairl safe to just ignore them? i find them to be the hardest bit of the chem course tbh lol

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭ayumi

u just have to learn them,they can come with any topic like the flame tests.It would like name the test for....................... and you have to explaina n say everything abt dem its a small part of the chem course so they come with another topic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭myfatherrsson

They are actually really easy to learn if you apply mneumonics to them! I HATED them as well but I did that about a week before the exams and I can still remember them no problem! I wont write them out here but pm me if you want an example.

Although its all well and good for me to tell you my mneumonics they work best if you make up your own! What you would do is make up a story or rhyme based on the first thing that pops into your head when you're studying them! Make them as short and simple as possible, then every day before you study write them out on a blank bit of paper and keep doing it until you can remember them all first time! Works with any subject!

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭MaggieNF

in fairness i see where you are coming from, but if you just learn the main chemicals and the name of the test.

like its generally just make a solution of this add that so if you knwo the chemicals and the name of the test you will get most of the marks anyways :)

Advertisement