Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Texaco Techron ad

Options
  • 11-11-2009 11:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭

Does the guy in the ad remind you of anyone in the way he speaks........'it keeps my car going good'..........sounds like: 'So join now, 'cause at the Derek Zoolander Center For Kids Who Can't Read Good And Wanna Learn To Do Other Stuff Good Too, we teach you that there's more to life than just being really, really, really good looking."

shouldn't it be 'it keeps my car going well'???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,663 ✭✭✭stealthyspeeder

That add is a disgrace, its misleading.

Anyone who modifys their car for performance will enevitably end up needing higher octane rated fuel. Something which texaco dont offer.

It contains Techron which cleans and preserves your injectors??

Its presented like that is some sort of secert potion unique to texacco. You can buy additives seperately and in the long run cheaper, and use normal fuel and be in the same posiiton.

If they were serious about offering fuel for petrol heads (not some aestheticlly modifing car owning micky) they would offer superunleaded with at least 97 octane rating as they do in every other country in europe!

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭CarMuppet

I thought Whitegate Refinery in Cork supplies 40% of all petrol to Ireland.. I spoke to a guy working there 3 years ago and he said all the petrol is the same..... Texaco, Esso and Amber all buying & supplying from the same pot..

Like the home heating kerosene... different companies selling the same stuff..

.. am I wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭alo1587

The fella in the ad is driving an rx7,that engine will **** itself before that techron stuff can do any damage to it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

CarMuppet wrote: »
    .. am I wrong?

That's been an urban myth around Cork as long as I can remember. My father used to spin me that one when I was a kid. Even by your own logic, if they do supply 40%, that means 60% comes from different manufacturers.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭CarMuppet

That's been an urban myth around Cork as long as I can remember. My father used to spin me that one when I was a kid. Even by your own logic, if they do supply 40%, that means 60% comes from different manufacturers.

Point taken, fair enough.. :)

Must look up their output capacity, did think it was in that region...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

I want to kill the little git tbh. Irritating.

Ad is obviously just used because it was already made for the US and therefore cost them nothing to make:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

alo1587 wrote: »
    The fella in the ad is driving an rx7,that engine will **** itself before that techron stuff can do any damage to it :D

it will if he's spent all his money destroying the poor machine with the bodykit, wheels, lexus lights etc.. and not spent it on a PFC, remap and proper maintenance of the rotor tips.

Its a joke of an ad, the taxi driver one is just as bad

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭kierank01

CarMuppet wrote: »
    I thought Whitegate Refinery in Cork supplies 40% of all petrol to Ireland.. I spoke to a guy working there 3 years ago and he said all the petrol is the same..... Texaco, Esso and Amber all buying & supplying from the same pot..

Like the home heating kerosene... different companies selling the same stuff..

.. am I wrong?

The refinery make all the one petrol, there are company specific additives mixed with it while it is loaded onto the tankers.

regarding the techron, I have noticed poor fuel econemy from texaco, when compared to topaz. I don't know if it is that the techron is bad, or if what ever topaz have is better, or both.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,401 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

A goofy American driving a modified car isn't gonna convince me

Besides my car puns way better on E5

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭alexmcred

My car was running as rough as a badgers arse when I was using Techron. Switched to apple green and the car started running smooth again.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭TheElf

Texaco fuel is strange stuff, My Almera a few years ago used to love Texaco fuel, ran better on it than any others, then I got a Golf and when using Texaco I got terrible MPG, so started using Topaz, I got a Mondeo a short while ago and tried Texaco again and the car actually ran like I had poured sewage in the gas tank, so switched back to Topaz and it's running really smooth.

Advertisement