Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

any suggestions for broadband ?

Options
  • 11-11-2009 10:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hi,

I live in the D6 area... ntl BB is not available... and i cant put a dish out as i'm in an apartment...

I got a landline and transferred to BT.. landline rental and 3mb BB for 40 a month... little but pricey IMO... but reliable enough BB...

anywho... I rang eircom wondering if i could get a cheaper deal is i switched back and they said 50 euro a month.. (disgrace)....

so I'm in a bit of a dilemma... as i never nor never will use a landline... i only use the line for broadband ...

any alternative suggestions ? are perlico any good ?
    I think wireless reception isn't great beacuse of the apartment and the walls etc...
    3mb monthly broadband for 40-45 euro just doesn't make sense...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,361 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Ask BT/Vodafone if you can get the speed upgraded, it may cost you nothing. Tell them you have an offer to go back to Eircom and specifically ask if your local exchange has been upgraded - I went from 3Mb to 6Mb to 24Mb and it cost me nothing. I was keeping an eye on the BT Ireland website and knew when my local exchange was upgraded so I lashed off an e-mail asking why I was still on 3Mb when they promised 6Mb after the upgrade, here is the reply......

> You are currently connected to Bitstream Option 2 which is an up to 3Mb
    > product.
    > If you would like to connect to LLU Option 2 which is up to 6Mb you will
    > need to call customer care and request an upgrade.

So I rang and asked to be connected to LLU Option 2, they said they would do it within a week and that I would be cut off for up to 48 hours. A few days later I lost my service for about 18 hours and when it came back I had 6Mb for no additional charge - just ask!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Floripa

thanks for the reply.. i've tried but the best offer i've got so far is from
    vodafone... €48 per month, vat incl - 7mb line... 60gb limit... (as i have to use the landline)

they offer some call bundle as well but I dont use landline...
    I tried the "I'm going to leave unless" with BT but now that vodafone have bought their BB business they aren't really budging... feckers...

48 euro a month for broadband... there has to be better options out there...argh !

Advertisement