Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

starter or battery wat ya think?

Options
  • 11-11-2009 9:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27

hi everyone
    not great wit cars but mine wont start all day yesterday without been jumped! now i'm just wonderin would it be starter or battery
    i thought if battery gone my radio or lights wont come on but they do when wont start
    when the jump leads go on it start in sec just mightn't start next time
    do u think it is the starter or battery?
    hav this car long time an dont want to put money into it wanted to get new car in jan
    any ideas would be great
    thanks everyone

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭robbie_998

Yeah definitely sounds like the battery there alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,663 ✭✭✭stealthyspeeder

Do you use Maxol E5 petrol? Im having a horrid time getting my started on these clod days using it!!

If not, it sounds like the battery!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 994 Mod ✭✭✭✭LookBehindYou

Sounds like battery problem.
    Did you check it for water lately?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭air

If by "jumped" you mean that you're using jump leads to supply power to your car to start it then the problem is the battery as clearly the starter motor is doing it's job once there's a suitable power source available to it. If you're rolling it down a hill or whatever it could be either.
    I think you mean the former and my money would be on the battery, temperatures have dropped recently and previously marginal batteries won't be up to the job from here on in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 thesaharastyle

thanks for replys everyone got new starter in it today but still wont start why try battery tomorrow
    would i need to buy new battery?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭robbie_998

thanks for replys everyone got new starter in it today but still wont start

well we did say it wasent that !

its definitely the battery that needs to be replaced with a new one made specifically for that car !!!

think of it this way , a batter uses electricity to make things work like lights and fans and so on. when you turn on your ignition all that stuff works in your car cos you turned the battery on !

when you turned your ignition on and nothing worked everybody here knew instantly it was the battery !

its simple :)

couldnt get to check computer today an lost without my car so someone said it was starter that why i got it but listenin now so off for battery tomorrow

well just to let ye know got new battery today an car started so fingers crossed that will keep it going for few weeks

Advertisement