Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MMA conditioning

Options
  • 11-11-2009 2:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭

Bar Rolling and Sparring - anyone know of any particularly good MMA conditioning exercises that could be done as part of a circuit?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭wayne1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭wayne1

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭pierrot

Your confidence is your conditioning!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭ginoginelli

Here is a good one you can do at home or anywhere.

http://www.trainingformmafitness.com/grappling-and-martial-arts.html

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭OMCCABE

You said you were looking for exercisees and that is all you should take from any examples given to you here. Any programme that involves performing upright rows with the same weight you squat and performing quarter squats and 3 inch range of motion half squats should be taken with a grain of salt.

The 2nd link is actually not too bad with regards to the structure it talks about and info it gives but as Randy says in his opening for his vid it depends on the goals. Circuit training has its place and is a very effective tool when used correctly. I have very rarely seen that take place in this country.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭soretoe

cheers for the advice
    I do circuit training with a few mates out the back of a gaf - they're not all into MMA but I'm tryin to get as many MMA based exercises into the routines coz I know they're supposed to be good

eg, sled pushing/pulling, tossin a punch bag around, weird stuff like that - just lookin for exercises MMA fighters would use apart from sparing or rolling

Advertisement