Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how can i remote view my dvr

Options
  • 11-11-2009 1:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

I havent a clue about networking but i recently bought a USB dvr that can plug into my laptop. I hope to use it in the spring to view cows calving on the farm when im in work. When i activated the remote viewing function i put in the ip address (command promt: ipconfig) in the IE and logged into the DVR perfectly but when i tried to connect to the DVR from another computer, i put in the IP address and it wont connect to the page, it just says the "internet exployer cannot display.........." can anyone tell me how i can get around this problem? both computers are only using vodafone mobile broadband (connects via usb) so there is no routor involved. plez help?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

Q: how can i remote view my dvr

A: Binoculars :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

just rereading your post .... you have some kind of digital video recorder that only has an usb port on it?
    Can you specify what product it is and what router/switch you are connecting to it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 f05bf1c2

its from tvt digital technologies, this is the link http://www.tvt.net.cn/spjj.asp?spdl=&spxl=&ProductNO=77. this connects to the laptop via usb. the system works fine but i cant manage to view the dvr from another computer via the internet. i know its proberly just some setting on the computer is wrong but i cant figure it out. i tried turn off firewall on the computer connected to the dvr and still no luck. there is no router/switch, its connected to the laptop via usb and the internet is connected to the laptop via usb (vodafone mobile modem). Any ideas as to what the problem is?

Advertisement