Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

got a letter today..

• 10-11-2009 9:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 936 ✭✭✭

..saying that ''you are entitled to jobseekers allowance, your first payment will be issued by cheque on 13-11-09 and every friday thereafter. We will issue any arrears not included in your first payment shortly''.
    While its a relief to finally hear something from them, Its just a bit vague. Will this cheque be posted to me or will I collect it at the post office? Does this mean that I will receive all future payments by cheque? Also, I resigned from my job, will I get the arrears? I've been out of work since the beginning of August.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭tommy21

Fentdog84 wrote: »
    ..saying that ''you are entitled to jobseekers allowance, your first payment will be issued by cheque on 13-11-09 and every friday thereafter. We will issue any arrears not included in your first payment shortly''.
    While its a relief to finally hear something from them, Its just a bit vague. Will this cheque be posted to me or will I collect it at the post office? Does this mean that I will receive all future payments by cheque? Also, I resigned from my job, will I get the arrears? I've been out of work since the beginning of August.

In all likelihood it will come when you swipe your card the first time at the post office. If not a cheque issues soon after.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 634 ✭✭✭jimoc

The post office will pay you in cash.
    If you have the misfortune to be still getting it in 6 months you can then apply to have it payed into your bank account.

The cheque basically gets issued whenever they get around to it in the welfare office, it is completely seperate from the payments that you will be getting in the post office. But usually they are fairly fast with them.

In regards to the arrears, they will be from the date that you began your claim, so if you went into the welfare office the day after you finished your previous job then you will get arrears back to then.

If there was any time between you ending your job and applying then you won't get paid for those days as they only take into account the time you start your application.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

jimoc wrote: »
    In regards to the arrears, they will be from the date that you began your claim, so if you went into the welfare office the day after you finished your previous job then you will get arrears back to then..

He _resigned_ from his job, so he will not be paid for anything up to the first 9 weeks of unemployment after he signed on for the first time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 634 ✭✭✭jimoc

eth0_ wrote: »
    He _resigned_ from his job, so he will not be paid for anything up to the first 9 weeks of unemployment after he signed on for the first time.

Ahh didn't know that bit, guess I learn something new (but not very nice :( ) every day.

Advertisement