Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nursing&Midwifery 2010

Options
  • 10-11-2009 9:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭

Hi all:), just wanted to know if there are some people out here going to apply or applied already for Nursing&Midwifery 2010?

I still waiting for my result from English test which I took on 31 October. If I did everything well then from next week I'm going to apply for midwifery as my first choice and general nursing as my second choice.

:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26 misschatty

Hi all yes im makin a start on my application for 2010, i applied last year for mature student nursing got to interview stage passed interview but didnt get an offer so am currently doin nursing studies and lv it so will be appling thru fetac and mature entry. Time to get studying for that app test!! lol:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭..Summergirl..

Hi misschatty I'm sory that you haven't got a place last year I belive you'll get it this time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 26 misschatty

Ah thanks summergirl dats really nice of u. Keep updated on ur progress wud like to know how ur gettin on, thru d long and stressful process of mature entry:)!

Yehh very stressful i know and it's very disappointed when you prepare yourself and then at the end didn't get a place :( there only thing what we can do is to keep on trying. Unfortunately i wasn't successful at English test :(( English isn't my native language so for me to get into uni i need to pass English requirements test which i took on 31 of October and my mistake was that i took TOFEL test so they expected me to use in my essays (which i wrote) American English not a British and that's what shorted my score :(, as well i flunk listening part coz when i started to listen one guy started on his speaking section ( and he was talking very LOUD!!) and it made me not to concentrate fully. So I've applied for the Cambridge test which I'll do on December just hope I'll pass it. Sorry for telling you all this just I'm really angry:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Hey, I didn't get into college first time applied. Got 3 offers second time round. My 1st, 2nd and 3rd choices. :)

So don't give up hope. Keep plugging away and you'll get there!

• Advertisement

Hi Larianne, your words are really sweet and they've inspired me :) I heard that some people didn't get a place from their first attempt but they got form their second. Unfortunately I can't start with my application unless i pass English test :( :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭lor1975

does anyone know will there still be a reduction of places for nursing in 2010 like last year when they reduced places? they left very little for mature students

lor1975 wrote: »
    does anyone know will there still be a reduction of places for nursing in 2010 like last year when they reduced places? they left very little for mature students

Hi, I just logged in NCC web site to take a look if there was any updated news but founded an old one which was for 2009 i think they will notify later on if there will be any new changes.

www.nursingcareers.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 D_25

hey guys, im a mature student doing pre nursing too. just a bit confused for when applying on the cao..i no you just enter your choices using the mature student code for which ever collages you want,but how do u apply through fetac?(as in to be considered from your fetac results)
    this is from the cao handbook but not exactly sure what it means. thanks! :D

"In addition, mature applicants may also be considered
    on the basis of educational qualifications. If you wish
    to be considered in this way, you must enter the
    appropriate standard course codes for
    nursing/midwifery. Failure to use the correct codes
    will prevent consideration on the basis of
    educational qualifications"

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Apply using the standard code for the course? As in the one school leavers use maybe. I'm not 100% sure. Maybe ask at your college for a defo answer.

• Advertisement

There are some mature students in this forum who have applied true FETAC they may give some advise as well, or if you're not sure i think it would be wise to ring CAO and ask what to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,021 ✭✭✭LadyE

Hey all,

Am doing General Nursing in UCD in Sept (deferred place) - starting my first year :)

where is everyone applying to?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭TERRIC

Starting 1st Yr Midwifery in TCD - Sept '10 (mature entry - deferred place). :)

Advertisement