Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does anyone know is it possible to convert a Riello 40 boiler from kerosene to diesel

Options
  • 10-11-2009 8:47pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13

Couldnt find a gas oil burner anywhere so bought a Riello kerosene boiler and the lad in the shop said it was possible to convert it from kerosene to diesel, rather than pay somebody to do it I'd like to see if I can do it myself first.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

where is boiler located?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

it depends the new burners you cannot change but the old model but new type will just require a pressure adjustment. i dont know how to do it why dont you get in touch with riello.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Germag

I assume you know that kerosene is cheaper then diesel at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Germag wrote: »
    I assume you know that kerosene is cheaper then diesel at the moment.

true but you burn more kero and diesel burns at a higher temp for bigger boilers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭JamesM

it depends the new burners you cannot change but the old model but new type will just require a pressure adjustment. i dont know how to do it why dont you get in touch with riello.
    If the burner has this blast tube http://www.boilercare.ie/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=63_64&products_id=112 ,
    then you can use a smaller nozzle, raise the oil pressure, and re-adjust the air to get a clean flame.
    Jim.
    P.S. I should also ask, where the boiler is and why you want to use gas oil, when most people are converting to kerosene. Most modern boilers are more suited to kerosene.

• Advertisement
Advertisement