Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Allotments in Portarlington

Options
  • 10-11-2009 8:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Does anyone know if they are still running. the sign has gone down. Id love to get one.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

I think Cllr.Paul Mitchell was involved with them, you could try contacting him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Curvy Vixen

manic_dave wrote: »
    Does anyone know if they are still running. the sign has gone down. Id love to get one.

Dave, if you take the road beside the library and drive all the way down past Landsdown, just as you get to the bridge over the road there are allotments on the left hand side. Not sure who rents them out but there is nearly always someone tending their crops there :D especially at weekends. You should wander by and ask who to contact about getting one..

• Registered Users Posts: 22 manic_dave

Dave, if you take the road beside the library and drive all the way down past Landsdown, just as you get to the bridge over the road there are allotments on the left hand side. Not sure who rents them out but there is nearly always someone tending their crops there :D especially at weekends. You should wander by and ask who to contact about getting one..

These are the ones I am looking at. There used to be a sign up with a number but its gone

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭kikel

AFAIK there all gone. It's the end of the season so maybe a few might become available.
    Contact Cllr. Mitchel. He was behind the orgaisation of it just before the election. Sign is gone now. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭port

The contact details were: Paul Mitchell 086 3756544

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

does anyone know what the price was.

I'd be interested in doing this next spring.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 manic_dave

port wrote: »
    The contact details were: Paul Mitchell 086 3756544

thats great thanks a milllion, i think the price was 50 euro a year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

Wow thats great value.

Might look into it.

Advertisement