Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Keeping it to myself

Options
  • 10-11-2009 7:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone,

i've been thinking about getting a tattoo the last 3 years and I'd like to get one. I'm thinking of getting a chinese symbol but the problem is the placing. I'd like it somewhere NO ONE can see like family members, work etc (I have my reasons) I know that sounds weird but thats what I want! I was thinking jus under my hip at the side of my backside? Anywhere else?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭LD 50

Any where that would lie under your underwear in that area would be least likely to be seen. Or on your feet? Do you go barefoot often?

Perhaps think about going with white ink, or UV ink on a different body part that might be better. UV inks only show up under strong direct UV light, ie. they won't show up in the sun. And white is barely visible.
    white-tattoos-2.jpg
    But these inks don't hold as strongly as the other coloured inks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

Thanks mate, that interesting alright :) Do most tattoo places supply these type of inks? I was thinking of Snakebite to go to - heard many good reviews and have gotten 3 piercings there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭LD 50

Snakebite is a good place alright. I've only been pierced there, and can only say good things about the guys there. they'll sort you out.

Most places will have white ink, but may have to order in the UV. Here's a link to a gallery of UV tattoo's.

EDIT; Just did some checking. The coloured UV inks can show up under regular lights, and the white is as invisible as the white ink above, but glows under UV.

Best option would be to call them, and see what they say. They'll prob know more. They might work with ink that is outsourced. I've read someplaces are picky about it, and will only tatoo with ink they get from their supplier. And if their supplier doesn't have UV's....... But something tells me that won't be a problem in Snakebite.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

You could also do it on your upper thigh. I felt the same about my first tattoo and that's where I got it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

mayb low on your shoulder, i have 2 on my shoulder and are never seen.
    or how about centre of your back, mayb between ur shoulder blades.
    i want to get one on my neck, so if my hair is down its covered and is only on show when i have my hair tied up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

Thanks for all your inputs, much appreciated :) Will enquire into Snakebite soon!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

I have 2 White ink tattoos on my inner forearms, most people wont see them at all and i tend to wear short sleeve shirts in work. yes they do fade but so will all ink over time (just not as quick). I don't know if anywhere in Ireland will do the UV ink though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭GalwayKiefer

Splinter where did you get your white ink tattoos done if you don't mind me asking?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

Stigmata Tau in Swords in North Dublin,

Advertisement