Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Seat Ibiza 1.9 diesel 2005 jump starting????

Options
  • 10-11-2009 4:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭

Hi guys,
    Any one know how to jump start a seat ibiza 1.9 diesel. I have jump started cars before but with this battery it is not straight forward.
    The issue is the battery contains multiple positive and multiple negative, i think 3 or 4 of each. These connections are much smaller than the standard connections on a standard battery. The jump leads are way to big to get a good connection.

Is this anyway around this? Just so if i ever have a flat battery?

many thanks
    R

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,266 ✭✭✭alias no.9

You can just conect the negative to a bare metal section of the chassis or a bolt connected onto the chassis, this is good practice even with a regular battery terminal. Not a complete solution but you could get someone else to hold the positive in firm contact with one of the positive terminals.

Remember to hook the positive up first then the negative.

Advertisement