Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Iphone carkits:

Options
  • 10-11-2009 3:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭

Hey,

I am looking at getting a carkit for a 01 3 series that will be compatible with the iphone. Has anyone gotten any decent ones that they are using and would recommend.

We have used Bury and Parrot in the past and are happy enough, just wondering any other options. The other alternative I was thinking of was the sat nav's that are also bluetooth comaptible but I hear TomTom have an app for the iphone but dont know much about it and have not looked into it too much.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭Victor_M

I have one of THESE and the phone plugs into one of THESE Works perfectly, in my '02 E46, MFSW controls work with it too (if you have them on the steering wheel).

Parrott do a kit which incorporates handsfree phone calling too, but I have a seperate Nokia C7-KW in my car and the combination of Dension and Nokia works flawlessly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Parrot MKi9200. Good bit of kit

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭gabgab

Cool, are you guys using the 3g iphone or the previous one?

Thanks,

gabgab wrote: »

Thanks,

3G

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Thanks,

iPod touch and HTC for the bluetooth

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭gears

Would the iPhone not simply connect via bluetooth to any bletooth compatible car kit. It might not charge the phone but you could still make calls.

Hey Betafrog, thanks a million. Where did you find that?

http://www.tomtom.com/products/product.php?ID=1019&Category=2&Lid=4

Found it and it looks the job, might stump up for that one now :D Would like to see a few reviews though

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Gdep

to be fair its just a very expensive car mount!!

Gdep wrote: »
    to be fair its just a very expensive car mount!!
    It's also a gps signal booster, which from my experience using the iPhone and tomtom I have found the signal drops out way too much in built up areas in particular, so the tomtom mount is reasonable value if you don't have any form of handsfree or mp3 playing solution at the moment as it does everything as well as charging on the move.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

EPM wrote: »
    Parrot MKi9200. Good bit of kit

+2 ;)
    Have them in both our cars, works a treat with my n97 and her iphone

Hey guys,

can anyone recommend someone to fit it? I have seen the kit in Halfords for 249 but I need a loom for it also, he reckons its anything from 20 to 60. Any cheaper alternatives?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

Hey guys,

can anyone recommend someone to fit it? I have seen the kit in Halfords for 249 but I need a loom for it also, he reckons its anything from 20 to 60. Any cheaper alternatives?

You talking about the parrott?
    I got my looms off ebay from this lad for just under £20 including shipping. Would recommend them.
    I also got my kit of ebay but the seller is no longer on there, cheaper than halfords.
    Will halfords fit it for you if you provide the loom?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

lafors wrote: »

Dont,theres been so many horror stories on here about letting Halfords near your car to "attempt" to fit anything.

I wouldnt let them put air in my tyres.

lafors wrote: »
    You talking about the parrott?
    I got my looms off ebay from this lad for just under £20 including shipping. Would recommend them.
    I also got my kit of ebay but the seller is no longer on there, cheaper than halfords.

Its €249 in Halfords supplied and fitted plus the loom. Dont want them to make a balls of it though,

Yeh the MKi9200 carkit

Advertisement