Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ski Mask + Glasses

Options
  • 10-11-2009 2:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I might be going skiing but unfortunately I wear glasses. Is there somewhere I can get perscription ski goggles or some googles that are big enough to still wear glasses underneath. I found some online but they are all US sites...

Note: Contacts aren't an option...:(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

Can you just get prescription Sun Glasses and wear them?

Sunglasses aren't so bad for Skiers, NOT recommended for Snowboarders, due to our love of Faceplants

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭loobylou

Almost any ski shop will have goggles designed to fit over glasses.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,089 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Most goggles will fit over the top of glasses, but you really do need to try them out first to check how it feels with the shape of your glasses.

I used to just wear prescription sunglasses instead of goggles, but make sure you have them attached around your neck or you will lose them when you fall. Once I managed to get contact lenses though it made a world of difference in being able to see better with proper goggles on and being able to actually see the snow better. I did have to revert back to wearing glasses and goggles for a couple of weeks this last season though after I had an issue with my eyes meaning I couldn't wear contacts for a few weeks.

I think it might even be more comfortable if you are wearing glasses under goggles if you are wearing a helmet as well as it will give a bit more space around your head if the goggles might otherwise be a close fit over the glasses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭neil_purdy

NOT recommended for Snowboarders, due to our love of Faceplants

Ah yes!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,208 ✭✭✭Fattes

Oakley uk, or any sunglass hut outlet (Stephens Gree,Liffey Valley,Dundrum) Will be able to get prescription Oakley Goggles for you. All there goggles have interchangable lenses for diffrent conditions.

If you are getting goggles and wear a helmet bring the lid with you to make sure the goggles fit it.

Sunglasses instead I would Reccomend the Oakley M Frame or Radar and they are also available in prescription with a variety of lenses.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭3greenrizla's

glasses under goggles can be very uncomfortable I wear prescription sunglasses - aka old glasses that I brought into specsavers & asked them to put a tint on = €20.

- that said I don't go on any tough runs, only a beginner

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭am i bovvered

I recieved a pressy of prescription goggles from my better half, http://www.bargainboards.co.uk/Admin/Images/Big/d05d1ae5-ee6b-4c60-baeb-3664f121954a.jpg this is the insert that fits into them http://www.inland.co.uk/images/p/m/275.jpg You would be able to change the insert into other goggles if necessary. As far as I know she could not buy just the insert.

Advertisement