Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking to become a secondary teacher

Options
  • 10-11-2009 12:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26

Hi,

I am looking to become a secondary teacher, I am currently in my second year of business management in IT Tallaght. Would it be enough to complete my third year (ordinary degree) or would I have to complete my fourth year? I also intend to take the h dip at night and also the teagasc teastas sa gaeilge, anyone know where these courses are available? Also if you need to sort out your own work placement etc and how to go about this.

Thanks, CM :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,381 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

Yes you would have to do the four years. To be honest, no school needs to employ someone with an Ordinary Degree when there are hundreds of business graduates out there with Honours Degrees. The PGDE has separate entry for Business graduates.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭Nead21

i dont think you can do the PGDE/hdip at night...??

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,138 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

You can do it in the evenings in DCU - it's a 2 year course.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭Nead21

oh sorry i forgot about DCU..oops :)

you still have teaching practice though

Advertisement