Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internet setting errors

Options
  • 10-11-2009 1:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭

Firstly i dont know if this the correct place to post this sunject, if so then apologises in advance.

Since i had downloaded a new Kaspersky virus protection, the internet when appears seem to be alot slower to appear. Also when opening a attachment from the hotmail/gmail, the interent sort of freezes/crash a bit and nothing happens. Its really slow and i wait a fair bit if i open another brower.

Is this internet settings? I'm not sure what to look at?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭4Sheets

check taskmanager check the memory usage...
    remove kaspersky see if it improves

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭cormon

Hi,

Dont want to sound blunt but get rid off it. There are some serious issues with 3rd party anti virus programs in relation to system hog. This is related to the packet inspection nature of the device.

Microsoft recently release a very good program( don't say that often) called Microsoft Security Essentials. www.microsoft.com/Security_Essentials/

Bear in mind it takes a while to scan and download updates but that is a good thing as it seems to be doing a good job. It has a small system footprint make a huge difference to the running preformance of my crappy Sempron Laptop in comparision to other AV's I have tried, and its free.

HTH

Kevin

Advertisement