Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

leaving cert english

Options
  • 10-11-2009 12:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭

hey just wondering is it possible for someone who hasnt natural ability in english and essay writing and who really doesnt like poetry or shakspeare to get on well in english?
    obviously there is a fare bit of work involved but is it actually possible?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Evan93

Well anything is possible if you put your mind to it,it will be hard work though. It is possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 446 ✭✭msbrightside

if you work at it its definitely possible but if you really don't enjoy it do you honestly think you should go through with it anyway?
    you obviously don't like english so i am going to guess whatever you want to do after school doesn't really require honours english. maybe you need it for points,if you do then go for it and work hard.your teacher will help out and show you where you are going wrong(well she/he should anyway!).but if you don't need it for points and you really hate then maybe you should consider dropping because you'll just end up hating it more and you could regret it.but keep at it until christmas though and see how you get on.
    anyway that's just my opinion you don't have to listen to me i have no idea how good/bad you are.!have a word with your teacher they'll know alot better than me how you will do.

Advertisement