Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Toyota Landcruiser LWB

Options
  • 09-11-2009 11:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭

Lads. Im in the market for a 08/09 landcrusier. my head is wrecked trying to decide going to england stay in the republic or head up the north. i think i want to buy in the south. there are so many different garages about. can anyone recomment the best for value and not somebody trying to rip me off. 34 K for a newish jeep is steep. there is bound to be soem garage out there doing deals. Western motors Enniskillen are really competitive with the Avensis.

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,382 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Depends on whether you want aircon.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 toe2toe

new model land cruiser out in december ,08 09 models should be cheaper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭Honda08

toe2toe wrote: »
    new model land cruiser out in december ,08 09 models should be cheaper.

they should be cheaper considering the arse has fallen out of this market, with demand for these type of vehicles falling sharply.

a lot of the stuff on carzone is over priced.

there seems to be a lot of new auto commercials floating about..

maybe they are flushing out the old stock by converting them to commercial to try and flog them before the new model lands...

iron man wrote: »
    Lads. Im in the market for a 08/09 landcrusier. my head is wrecked trying to decide going to england stay in the republic or head up the north. i think i want to buy in the south. there are so many different garages about. can anyone recomment the best for value and not somebody trying to rip me off. 34 K for a newish jeep is steep. there is bound to be soem garage out there doing deals. Western motors Enniskillen are really competitive with the Avensis.

thanks

you would be able to get a new one for 34k!

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭mossfort

what about kanes in granard ? they will sell u anything you want.:D

• Advertisement

mossfort wrote: »
    what about kanes in granard ? they will sell u anything you want.:D

they seem to sell uk imports and convert them

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Theanswers

Buy up north, you get the back seats and has windows fitted. Looks much better just panel them off and some tint! Plus if you ever want to reconvert you have the seats. Helps when you selling it to!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭Viejo Zorro

Buy in the Republic...

A. Garages are on their knees - try going with Cash on a Thursday lunch time as this is particularly good if there are cash flow difficulties and wages going out the next day.

B. The market is much more competitive over here because of the fact that garages are in trouble.

C. I know this may sound quaint - but support your own. Garages in the republis provide local jobs and tax receipts which pay for the services that the government provides (80% of which, according to Pat Kenny's Frontline, goes on social welfare and public sector pay - but that's an issue for another day). I could get up on a soap box and have a great old patriotic speech, but at the end of the day, remember, do on to others as you would they do on to you. You never know the hour or the day that there is someone in a rival jurisdiction undercutting your business.

D. Try repo auctions down here - but be careful that the machine hasn't been sabotaged first. Hear her running.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 D4D FOREVER

HI

Does anybody now a good website for 4x4 acceories Ihave a 04 Landcruiser and am looking for a A bar and a spoiler Head wreaked cant find anything in ireland anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭PaddyBloggit

HI

Does anybody now a good website for 4x4 acceories Ihave a 04 Landcruiser and am looking for a A bar and a spoiler Head wreaked cant find anything in ireland anyway

Found this:

http://www.4x4zone.ie/

(no affiliation)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 D4D FOREVER

THANKS PADDY

ANYBODY KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT TUNING BOXES FOR THE LANDCRUISER ARE THERE ANY BETTER POWER AND DOES IT MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN DIESEL CONSUMPTION

• Registered Users Posts: 73,382 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

There's a 200bhp chip available from Toyota that doesn't affect your warranty. Also fuel consumption isn't affected either.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭docmartin

iron man wrote: »

thanks
    what about this one?
    http://www.carzone.ie/search/Toyota/Landcruiser/Comm-SWB/200914192395653/advert?channel=CARS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭aravan

I think the **** will hit the fan in Toyota Ireland with the arrival of this one.

http://simonkavanagh.webzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=200947195945592

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭bonzos

Is there much of difference in MPG between the manual and auto LC?did toyota make the swb model with the auto gearbox?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 paddy25c

howye, am looking for toyota land cruiser fj40 , not too concered about the body , but the engine must be a good runner & deisel ,can any one help

• Registered Users Posts: 3,730 ✭✭✭E39MSport

HI

Cian at Derek Burtons will be able to help you. http://www.derekburton.com/parts/default.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭westwicklow

bonzos wrote: »
    .....did toyota make the swb model with the auto gearbox?

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭docmartin

HI

talk to the parts dept at your local toyota dealer, we're giving great deals on spoilers and stuff in kellys in donegal. amazing discounts because ya have to be cheap to sell these days, genuine toyota motorsport spoiler €340

Advertisement