Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

A bargain amount of performance/luxury for the price

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

How much to tax it though?

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭vw4life

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,309 ✭✭✭VolvoMan

Berty wrote: »
    How much to tax it though?

It costs 1204 Euro per annum. But the way I look at it is that you are getting a brilliant car that once cost 70 grand for pittance. Even at seven years old, just short of three grand is a bargain for that car in my eyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭benj

nice machine if ya own a petrol station :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,662 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

I'd jump on it if the leather wasn't so bad and the miles so high. Always had a soft spot for the S80.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,761 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

is it just me, or does the pic show an automatic lever, but the description says 'manual' ??

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,309 ✭✭✭VolvoMan

galwaytt wrote: »
    is it just me, or does the pic show an automatic lever, but the description says 'manual' ??

It's tiptronic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

I was offered a 01 S80 a year ago for 1500 euros, never much liked them tbh but loved the 740/760 though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

junkyard wrote: »
    I was offered a 01 S80 a year ago for 1500 euros, never much liked them tbh but loved the 740/760 though.

:D Old Skool! At least they go round corners these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

mike65 wrote: »
    :D Old Skool! At least they go round corners these days.

The old ones were always a nice car to drive, I had a lovely 760 turbo diesel for a while, lovely car and a flyer to go until the VW engine in it blew up!!!:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,142 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

almostalwaysthinking.files.wordpress.bmp

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

bazz26 wrote: »
    almostalwaysthinking.files.wordpress.bmp

:D

What the... talk about bold advertising!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,966 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Confab wrote: »
    What the... talk about bold advertising!

It's from a Dudley Moore movie, Crazy People.

Advertisement