Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sonim JCB phone

Options
  • 09-11-2009 9:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭

Hi. I got the JCB phone and it's great. When dropped has no damage whereas other phones I've had smashed. Just wondering about the 'splash resitant' feature. As I work with water alot I'm wondering does anybody know the water damage it can support. Now bear in mind I'm not sure of all the pressure stuff so would any body be able to give me a good example of how this would last submerged in water.

Thanks for your help,
    Glen.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭Doyler92

If anybody else has one would they be able to check something for me. I just noticed the cover for my battery compartment sticks out a little bit. It will not go full in. if anyone else has this phone would they be able to tell me if it's meant to go fully in.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 28,147 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

The battery cover should be in flush when in correctly, have you the lock turned in enough or 2 much?

Also the phone is splash resistant & water damage (i.e submerging it ) will not be covered under warranty, don't be 2 tough with it, they are breakable, especially the screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭Doyler92

I understand thanks. But after multiple tries the back still does not go in properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,147 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

it should, your just not doing something right or else the back cover is warped or broke...you'll have to study it for another little bit..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭adodsk

Sorry to dredge up an old thread but I wonder if any of you can help. I got one of these handsets a year ago and it works fine here (on Vodafone IE) but as soon as I wander over into Vodafone UK it doesn't work - no calls/text/nada. If I put my SIM into my old Nokia it roams no probs. Similarly a mate of mine could use his O2 SIM in my JCB phone in the UK. So I have a SIM that works and a phone that works - but why not together in the UK???

Tried Vodafone support but .............:mad::(

• Advertisement
Advertisement