Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steam issue :| Windows 7 64-bit

Options
  • 09-11-2009 6:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭

I have a problem with Steam since I upgraded to the 64 bit version of Windows 7.

It is hard to explain, thus hard to search but the screenshot shows the problem.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

I have no idea what's happening there. I had a problem getting Mass Effect to run last night after buying it on the weekend sale. Right clicking on the Steam app and "Open as administrator" fixed it. I'd try this, then post on the steam boards (if you've not done so) and finally, if all else fails you could delete and re-install. (You don't have to delete your game files – you can point Stream back to them).

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Menengroth™

what the deuce, never seen that before, and i've tried steam on win7 64bit =o

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,471 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

It used to be a common enough issue at one stage, the solution outlined here should sort it.

Try deleting your "winui.gcf" first off.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

It used to be a common enough issue at one stage, the solution outlined here should sort it.

Try deleting your "winui.gcf" first off.

Thanking you :) solved the problem!

Advertisement