Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phil Mickelson

Options
  • 09-11-2009 6:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭

before I start along with Ross Fisher, he is the player I most admire in the golfing world.

But since he turned pro in 1992 his win in the HSBC Champtions is only the 2nd time he has won outside of the USA, his only other time being in the same event 2 years ago :eek:

Strange fact huh

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭gerp

I think he struggles on the greens

• Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭soundsham

Like a lot from the u.s. they believe the america is the world.

Many yanks don't even have passports ffs.,they don't even look at the european tour,so these guys who don't/rarely travel outside the u.s. bar the open and a maybe a sponsors tournament (if even then)can't win really now can they.

I guess these guy's dont see winning an international event as prestigious (untill they win one), unlike when a european goes to the us where they will target winning there as a goal,also its often noted by commentators that so and so is still waiting for a win on the pga tour.

Its all about $'s

Phil is a great golfer, and I love to see him play I reckon he'll win another few majors but probably not an open. He does come across as a really nice guy,and seems to take the rough with the smooth,..........cheesy grin and all:D

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭orangetictac

I suppose when theres more money on offer and you can be closer to your family it makes more sense too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭BombSquad

In_tuition wrote: »
    before I start along with Ross Fisher, he is the player I most admire in the golfing world.

But since he turned pro in 1992 his win in the HSBC Champtions is only the 2nd time he has won outside of the USA, his only other time being in the same event 2 years ago :eek:

Strange fact huh

Incorrect. He's won in Paris in the 1990's...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭In_tuition

BombSquad wrote: »
    Incorrect. He's won in Paris in the 1990's...

Correct but that was a Challenge Tour event.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭dball

The 2nd highest earner of all time and this thread hasn't been touched in over 8 years.

Can think of a more suitable way to remind people of this guy:
    What a man - his name is Phil.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,194 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Oh holy ...............!!!!:eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,490 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

No wonder all Dads like big Phil!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,873 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

The arrogance of the man never ceases to amaze me.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Advertisement