Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom down in Mayo ?

Options
  • 09-11-2009 5:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭

Hi there
    Have been unable to connect all day to BB with Eircom. I'm out in Louisburgh - have been on to Eircom to be told that there is a technical fault Phone line has been very flaky also today - getting engaged tones when ringing Dublin number that I know aren't engaged...

- anyone else with similar problems ? Any idea of fix time ?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Calebmcd

somebody dug up telephone lines knocked out 3 counties on my mobile

• Registered Users Posts: 18,463 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Yeah, 18 fibre cables cut by some construction firm:
    These area codes were effected:

Eircom supposed to have it sorted by 18:00......

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭podgee

kippy wrote: »

That is unbelievable - where did this happen ? I cannot understand with the amount of people that this must have affected based on the above that this isn't on the news...
    :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭force eleven

Any updates on this? I have been really stuck without the Internet today and still not back.

[Snipped]

Crazy. And I bet no one is working on it now.I have been using mobile Internet and god knows the bill I racked up. It could be days people,this is how Ireland works.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

kippy wrote: »

I'm with Smart (bitstream). Gone all day since 11 but came back on the dot of 6.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,394 ✭✭✭irishgeo

utv here in 094 area and still not fixed.i cant find anything about this on the eircom website.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭halkar

046 area just back online few minutes ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

yes mine in 094 region ballinrobe has been on and off all day (Vodafone home), was off for sometime this afternoon along with no phone dial tone either!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

tis disgraceful :mad:

using dialup atm to just check this forum +email/etc...like living in 1999 again :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭Matt Bauer

Mine went down at around 11 or 12 this morning, and came back up again an hour ago. This is a new phone line, and Eircom called me shortly after it went down to ask if I was happy with the service... told them it's down and they didn't know anything yet.

Back here now 090 area....'bout time....

Yes its back but have you checked your download speeds. Mine have been cut in half again. It was reading 210kbs per sec yesterday now its hardly 100kbs. It happened last month and i had and row on the phone for 2 hours. All they done was make excuses the last time, 2 weeks later they sent an apoligy letter saying i had to deal with the cutback in speeds and also i had been correct about the fault in the line. That's the last straw to be honest I'm disconnecting from this crap tommorrow after i give them another earful. 57 euros a month for this rip off service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Mayo Exile

Wondering is this affecting the 042 area (Dundalk) as well? Been running some speedtests the last 15 minutes and have been averaging about 0.6 Mb/s download speed. I have Eircom 3 meg BB and it normally averages 2.6 MB/s download rates day or night. Had it since June.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

yes my download speeds are awful tonight, about half what it should be! 1.5megs to the normal 3megs.

Advertisement