Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Assault enquires

Options
  • 09-11-2009 5:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

listen last weekend me and my brother got attacked by a bunch of youths on the Saturday in nenagh and when i gave my statement i was told it might take 3 months just to get the charge on them and that might not stick due to the juvenile laison officer So I got numerous kicks to the head and back . my parents might not go through with the civil suit because they arent from low income families i need justice can anyone help me
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭mike kelly

I don't know if going to the courts will do you any good, especially if the attackers were travellers. If you are not from the area where this happened all you can really do is try and forget about it and move on with your life. That kind of asault is very common these days unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Sean_Alpha

1 i didn't say they were travelers so it means u know something about the case 2 please u try to move on after something like this happens to you i want justice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭irishvamp90

Sean_Alpha wrote: »
    listen last weekend me and my brother got attacked by a bunch of youths on the Saturday in nenagh and when i gave my statement i was told it might take 3 months just to get the charge on them and that might not stick due to the juvenile laison officer So I got numerous kicks to the head and back . my parents might not go through with the civil suit because they arent from low income families i need justice can anyone help me

What difference does it matter what income families they are from?Explain the case in a better way,when did a juvenile laison officer come in?

What did your parents say?it woud be a long time before a civil case.Why dont you try get justice through the normal way

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭mike kelly

Sean_Alpha wrote: »
    1 i didn't say they were travelers so it means u know something about the case 2 please u try to move on after something like this happens to you i want justice

It has and I have. If you want justice, the only option you have is to try and get them back yourself. The courts and Gardai will do nothing for you

• Advertisement

mike kelly wrote: »
    It has and I have. If you want justice, the only option you have is to try and get them back yourself. The courts and Gardai will do nothing for you

God sorry to hear that mike:( what happened?

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Sean_Alpha

1 the juvenile laison officer has to give permission to the garda to press charges and even if they press charges they'll just get a jailo which is just a warning not to do it again
    2 becasue theyre from low income families they are entitled to free legal advice and a low cost lawyer/socilitor
    3 what do u mean normal justice go punisher or death sentence on them or something

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tom Young

Folks - Justice is administrated by the relevant law enforcement processes. Please follow these processes.

Taking the law into your own hands is not ever advisable.

It is regrettable that this incident happened, please push for due process and in doing so use rule of law.

Tom

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement