Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need help naming a blues musician

Options
  • 09-11-2009 3:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭

Hi

Need a hand getting the name of a white blues musician who died in the past 2 years. I remember reading about his death after he was mentioned to me by a taxi driver of all people. I remember checking for his stuff on amazon and there being a list of his albums, but typing blues into the search bar without a name doesn't exactly narrow it down. It's not Davey Graham, that's something I know for sure.

Any help appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Bodysmart

Jeff Healey?

The other name that spring to mind is Sean Costello.

Hope that helps,

Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 4,449 ✭✭✭Rigsby

Have you any more info on this guy ? Was he Irish ? What instrument ? etc The only Irish blues man who died in the last two years, that I know of, is Jimmy Faulkner, but he did not have albums on "Amazon".

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭fobster

As far as I know he was English, played guitar. Think his better known albums were released in the seventies, think he might have duetted with a female singer on a number of them but can't remember any names. I remember seeing a picture of him in recent years and he was quite overweight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Bodysmart

Sounds like Delaney Bramlett of Delaney & Bonnie fame, though he was American.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭LorenzoStDubois

I'd say that's John Martyn.
    He was a singer songwriter, more folk than blues but very good all the same.
    Check out "Solid Air" from 1973- terrific album.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,449 ✭✭✭Rigsby

I'd say that's John Martyn.

If you are right, then we have all been on a wild goose chase. :D John Martyn is no more a blues artist than Bruce Springsteen. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭fobster

Ah good man, a wild goose chase indeed! Consider the thread closed. Thanks to everyone.

Advertisement