Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Insurance, removal of third party extension?

Options
  • 09-11-2009 3:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭

Hi All,
    This is a warning to check your policy documents (and a question aswell),

I am a maintenance fitter by trade, was working on food process stuff for years ,now working on electronics research equipment,and have just renewed my insurance, same company and same car for the last 4 years.
    This time on receipt of my policy documentation I noticed that the section about the third party extension allowing me to drive other cars on my own insurance was now blank.

I asked the insurer why this was and the answer was my occupation was one which meant that I am no longer entitled to a third party extension. They have always had my occupation listed as maintenance fitter.

On further questioning they said that anyone working in the motor industry, metal fabrication, scrap metal processing, and any sort of motor or heavy engineering is not given a third party extension.
    When I told them that my job is in electronics equipment they said ok so we will reinstate the extension and send out new policy documentation.

Just a warning to check your details and has this happened to anyone else?

Advertisement