Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kris Kindle

Options
  • 09-11-2009 3:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi all.

With Christmas fast approaching it has been suggested that we should maybe try to introduce Kris Kindle this year when it come's to present buying. I don't come from a very big family. There is my Man & Dad, my brother and his wife, my sister, an aunt and one cousin. Until now we would always buy present for each other. I understand this year is different from others because of the recession and that things in general are very tight on the money front for me more so than the rest, but I think when it comes to my family introducing Kris Kindle it will take away from the whole spirit of Christmas. Don't get me wrong, I'm not suggesting that it is a bad thing as I know that it works well for alot of people but not for me. I seem to be the only one against it in the family and I don't want to be the one to call a halt to it, but I'm just not happy with it.
    What's your thoughts.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Twixster

I think its a great idea, and the fact that there are not many in it is even better. It means that you can set the limit to spend at a decent price and instead of getting 5 or 6 small presents you will get one big decent present.
    Also, you said that you are the only one that does not want to do it, did you ever think that maybe the other people involved in the kris kindle may not be able to afford to buy presents for everyone or have the time and this is the ideal for them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 JustLily

We did this in my family last year. (I think the budget was 20-25?) It ended up being fantastic. Before people would grab whatever because they felt they had to give something. I noticed there was an awful lot of "random" presents which I'm sure were never used! Where as when there was only one thing to give, we all put alot more thought into what each person would like. It didn't end up secret exactly but it was great fun!We're doing it again this year, can't wait!

Advertisement