Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 106 - Ortiz v Griffin 2

Options
  • 09-11-2009 2:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭

Just under two weeks to go for this fight, what do you think? Who's gonna come out on top?

I think Tito is gonna take it, I think its a bigger fight for him, whereas Forrest still looks a bit shook up over what happened after the Silva fight. I saw a clip of him on the UFC website where he said he's never gonna watch the Silva fight. I don't know, for a guy who has been brutally honest with himself and the fans for a long time it's a rather strange thing to say. I like Forrest but that fight seems to have taken a lot out of him, particularly his confidence.

Tito on the other hand needs a win to re-establish himself. The last fight was enjoyable but I think this time around the guy who wants it more will win. I think it's gonna be a good fight, but judging by the morale of the fighters, I back Tito.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

If there was ever a confidence shattering fight (and post fight) it was Griffin and Silva. Still a real hard fight to call.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,979 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

If Tito's back problems are really gone then he should win this one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭Lord Muck

I'm still disapointed that Coleman got injured:( Tito v Coleman would have been a much better fight IMO.

I would think that Griffin needs a win more than Tito, theres no shame loosing to A.Silva but the manner of the defeat was quiet bad. It hasnt been a great year for fighters coming back to the UFC either , Triggs and Cro Cop came unstuck early so i'd think Forrest should win this

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭magotch07

I THINK GRIFFEN will win he has the bigger heart....tito just doesnt have it anymore

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

there's a lot to be said for and against both guys with this fight re: condition and needs to win the fight etc, the only thing I predict about it is it has the potential to be a great fight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

The UFC's cable broadcast home Spike will air two UFC 106 preliminary matchups prior to the pay-per-view portion of the card, a pair of sources confirmed to FanHouse on Tuesday.

The two bouts scheduled to air include the welterweight clash between Marcus Davis and Ben Saunders, as well as a middleweight tangle pitting Jake Rosholt against Kendall Grove.

An official announcement of the broadcast should come in the next day or two.

No word as of yet if ESPN UK will be showing these fights live.

Credit: MMAFanhouse.com

UFC 106 takes place Nov. 21 at the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas and features a main event (and rematch) between former UFC light heavyweight champions Tito Ortiz and Forrest Griffin.

MAIN CARD

* Forrest Griffin vs. Tito Ortiz
    * Anthony Johnson vs. Josh Koscheck
    * Phil Baroni vs. Amir Sadollah
    * Luiz Cane vs. Antonio Rogerio Nogueira
    * Dustin Hazelett vs. Karo Parisyan

PRELIMINARY CARD (Spike TV)

* Marcus Davis vs. Ben Saunders
    * Kendall Grove vs. Jake Rosholt

PRELIMINARY CARD (un-aired)

* Paulo Thiago vs. Jacob Volkmann
    * Brian Foster vs. Brock Larson
    * Fabricio Camoes vs. Caol Uno
    * Jason Dent vs. George Sotiropoulos

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

* Phil Baroni vs. Amir Sadollah

I have a feeling this will be a messy but entertaining fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

I really think this is an excellent card!
    So many interesting matchups and im really lookin forward to seein hazelett back.
    Still pickin Tito in the main event though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Really annoys me that Marcus Davis only ever seems to get UK/IE/EU fights these days :mad:
    As these are regard as "lesser events" for the masses

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

calex71 wrote: »
    Really annoys me that Marcus Davis only ever seems to get UK/IE/EU fights these days :mad:
    This is in the US........

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

calex71 wrote: »

I think Marcus has more say on this than you are giving him credit for. He has actively positioned himself as "the Irish, Irish American" so to speak and the guy who Europeans like for always fighting over here. I hope this doesnt come across as fighter bashing but he is a mid-level fighter who would be crowded out competing with other fighters trying to get on the North American cards. He found a niche and is doing pretty well with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭sonic.trip

I think Griffin will take this, he will be suffering from the loss with silva but then again that is one of the best UFC fighters out there. Griffin has the heart to beat him and Tito has been out too long.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,385 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

class card imo with some potentially class fights...Rumble against Kos has the makings of a classic

Advertisement