Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rapidshare searching and downloading

Options
  • 09-11-2009 12:08pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

It really annoys me how when searching for something on Rapidshare using Google, many times most of the results n the first few pages are not actually proper results, but they are just sites to capture hits and bounce you to other sites. So annoying. Any good way to filter these out or use a differnt type of search?

Also, I've recently switched to chrome as my primary browser. I use Internet Download Manager - but it cannot integrate into Chrome, so i have to open Firefox again every time. Kinda annoying. Any good way around this?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭acalmenvoy

Try this:
    "what you are looking for" site:rapidshare.com

Works for me.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 837 ✭✭✭CutzEr

acalmenvoy wrote: »
    Try this:

Just to add to this, I believe you can make this your default search, maybe not in chrome but in some browsers it would be something like TEST site:rapidshare.com :P

Would be handy alright

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 chillok

SNIP

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

yeah that and projectw and rapidfind are great too but sometimes u just need google

SNIP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭Big Lar

acalmenvoy wrote: »
    Try this:

+1 for the site:rapidshare.com

May be no harm to check out few forums also as some of the files are passworded

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Guys re the problem of using Chrome, and being able to highlight links and Right click to download, what better way around this is there?

Surely there is a different download manager that I can just dump all the links into it and it will download them? Any suggestions?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 50hertz

If you have a RS premium account why not use the rapidshare manager? works for me.

You'll find it in rapidtools

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭jelly&icecream

Zascar wrote: »
    Surely there is a different download manager that I can just dump all the links into it and it will download them? Any suggestions?

JDownloader

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Free download manager is a great downloader. You can have it automatically take over any downloads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭gav240

SNIP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭brian ireland

Guys re the problem of using Chrome, and being able to highlight links and Right click to download, what better way around this is there?

I use "jdownloader" When you highlight the files and select copy, the links are copied in jdownloader manager. Don't forget to you need to put your rapidshare or hotfile username and password into the program.
    Jdownloader also picks up the RS or HF file password and extracts the zip automatically

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Tzetze

I use "jdownloader" When you highlight the files and select copy, the links are copied in jdownloader manager. Don't forget to you need to put your rapidshare or hotfile username and password into the program.
    Jdownloader also picks up the RS or HF file password and extracts the zip automatically

I recently started using JDownloader too after having used Flashget for a couple of years. I like how JDownloader automatically extracts the files when done. It also lets you know how far below your rapidshare cap you are (how much you can still download on any given day). Thumbs up!

Really! That's amazing, how? Passwords can be a real pain sometimes, extracting too. I'll deffo give this a shot

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

I've been using RS premium for a couple of years now and
    Internet Download Manager(IDM) > Flashget > * > JDownloader

JDownloader is only good if you haven't got premium

I have premium. IDM is best then? Hmmmm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭brian ireland

I've been using RS premium for a couple of years now and
    Internet Download Manager(IDM) > Flashget > * > JDownloader

JDownloader is only good if you haven't got premium

I have my rapidshare and hotfile permium accounts both working in Jdownloader. It works fine for me.

I have my rapidshare and hotfile permium accounts both working in Jdownloader. It works fine for me.

I never said it didn't work, its just a bit bloated and sluggish

I have the standalone version though, maybe the other version is better?

I have premium. IDM is best then? Hmmmm

I think its the best, really its just a matter of preference

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

we all know your not using it for Linux ISO's have abit of sense, also leaving spaces in what is being typed as a warez site does not make it ok on ANY level

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement