Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

HGV (C) License - Lessons

Options
  • 09-11-2009 10:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭

Right, got the theory test done on Saturday and finishing the permit application process this week (medical report and the trip to the tax office etc)., so it's time to see about getting some lessons booked.

I've phoned around the schools I've found with an online search and found that prices vary wildly in the Greater Dublin/Leinster area, for a 10 hour block booking (typically 5 * 2 hour lessons), with some charging up to €800 for 10 hours!

The cheapest option so far is to drive to Naas (1 hour each way from home), in the absence of anyone closer to my location in Roundwood, Wicklow, with whom to take some lessons.

Can anyone advise if I've any better options? Are there any schools closer to Bray/Wicklow towns who provide HGV lessons complete with vehicle etc?

TIA,

Gil

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

ill leave this in a seperate thread, but can people send recommendations via pm only.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭tormented

Just pm'd you, Gil Dub thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭Richie15

Mind if I ask where it was you found in Nass? I saw somewhere in the north of Dublin had ten hours for €425, and €165 for a 2-hour pre-test and hire, that's the cheapest I've come across. The same school was pretty expensive for the artic lessons though, so remember to shop around again when it comes to that.

Mods, feel free to edit this if I've said too much but far as I know it's OK once I don't name them, that right?

Advertisement