Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ever thought your wetsuit smells a little??

Options
  • 08-11-2009 11:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭

Picture the scenario:
    You return home on a sunday evening after a spot of windsurfing in Dublin.

Being the careful person you are you go about rinsing your gear in the spare wheelie bin full of clean water around the back of the house.

you dump all your gear in, wetsuit, harness, booties, hood, rash vest and give it a good dunking using an old brush.

while plunging the gear up and down in the water, you notice that the water smells particulaly foul, even for a session in dublin bay.

by the dim light at the back of the house you notice quite a discoloration of the water, and then a pair of denim jeans surface!

all of sudden you remeber de-coupling a cattle slurry pipe last week, when back pressure in the line cause slurry to splurt out of the pipe, completely drowing your jeans in sh1te!. you waddled down to the house and whipped your jeans off at the back door, wondering what to do with them, deciding that a day soaking in the wheelie bin should do the trick.

and now your staring at all the gear you treat so well, thoroughly soaked in a potent solution of cow sh1te...

and you think your gear smells?:(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

baby milton bleach just a small bit will do it

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭kodute

bullsh*t :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,980 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

Soak all the gear in bio-washing poder the enzimes in it will eat most stink

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭c-note

Thanks for the suggestions.
    I just dunked all the gear in actual clean water.
    It was such an unusually stupid thing for me to do that i just had to tell someone!!:p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,980 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

c-note wrote: »
    Thanks for the suggestions.
    I just dunked all the gear in actual clean water.
    It was such an unusually stupid thing for me to do that i just had to tell someone!!:p
    A friend of mine (not me honest) left his rash vest out to dry in the garden, it fell on the ground and a tom cat pissed on it - he still wore it ! You could smell it from 20 yards, not sure if the smell came out when he went surfing but I wouldn't want to share a car with him

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭liberal

A friend of mine (not me honest) left his rash vest out to dry in the garden, it fell on the ground and a tom cat pissed on it - he still wore it ! You could smell it from 20 yards, not sure if the smell came out when he went surfing but I wouldn't want to share a car with him

tom cat piss makes anthrax look good

Advertisement