Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Loudest car in Ireland?

Options
  • 08-11-2009 11:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭

http://adverts.ie/159113

Have to admire the sellers sense of humour, putting such an expensive sound system in a worthless car.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,384 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

The system is for sale, it just happens to have a car attached. I've seen this in the flesh. If you were in the market for such a thing, then you'd see value in it. the components involved cost a couple of times what's being asked for the car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Rev. BlueJeans

Loudest car?

Nah there's a bespectacled little twat who drives up and down my road in a sh1tbox xsara with no exhaust. Literally, no exhaust, the little gowl took it off.

He'd need an ICE system like that to actually hear anything above the noise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭cascade35

I have no doubt the system is worth a few quid.

it's included in the price :D

Plenty lads who'd dump 4k to have a system like that. either to transplant it or keep competing (which is a bit sad)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭skibum

When I saw that advert I was really tempted to make a comment, but it wouldn't have been worth the inevitable ban from adverts.... ;)

I'm not into ICE but the picture of the install in the boot looks very agricultural.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

4 AND A HALF GRAND?!?!

There's a fine line between a sense of humour and just plain brain damaged:)

Yeah, 4500 buys a lot of Octavia :rolleyes:

Someone spending thousands on a sound system seems to be unfathomable to boardsies.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭Dartz

Makes me want to fit a locomotive horn to my car for some reason. An especially useful thing in a multistory carpark.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭Muckie

Everyone needs a hobby and the man like he's tunes!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,916 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Someone spending thousands on a sound system seems to be unfathomable to boardsies.

I think people understand spending thousands on a sound system. Obviously this guy is seriously into his hobby and competes in this field.

But it is fair to note that there is something a little insane/funny/genius about putting such a system into a 1991 Fiat Panda. Maybe he saves every cent for his ICE, or maybe he just has a keen sense of humour (as the OP suspects), but I think most people would say that if they were to get a system together like that, they'd put it into something half decent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭2 Espressi

AFAIR, Marko built this to compete in sound offs and the like, and the car choice was deliberate!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭cascade35

2 Espressi wrote: »
    AFAIR, Marko built this to compete in sound offs and the like, and the car choice was deliberate!

So he has a good sense of humour! That's my point. I am not saying anything bad about the guy, I can see why he done it, it draws attention to the car and his work so people will remember him.
    Maybe this tread could even lead to a sale for him.

Advertisement