Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone heard of ebookers.ie

Options
  • 08-11-2009 9:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭

Hey all.
    I'm booking flights for a holiday and came across their site. Are they legit or whats the story? I rang and got through to someone but got placed back on hold.
    The price of the specific flight I'm looking at is lower on their site compared to the same airline. Is that ok?
    Bottom line: has anyone dealt with these or am I blindly giving cc details?

Other thing: Travel insurance. Do I need it? Going to Canada

thanks all

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 UP AT THE SHARP

I booked flights and hotel last year to Prague, everything was perfect

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

They're a very well known company, I've never booked through them but would not hesitate in doing so.

Yes you need travel insurance!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭congo_90

Thanks for the swift replies!
    I can book now knowing all is well :)
    Off to Canada for a few weeks visiting a mate

• Registered Users Posts: 11,342 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

ebookers.ie are often cheaper than their parent ebookers.com, got return to san francisco for 297euro with ebookers.ie (united airlines) when every other website was quoting me 500euro

yes you need travel insurance, i have my european health card but when i travel to canada/states i always get insurance

Yea I used the irish one. pretty happy about it! better start saving up...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,429 ✭✭✭finbarrk

I would have thought that everyone would have heard about them. They have been around a good while now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭netwhizkid

congo_90 wrote: »
    Hey all.
    I'm booking flights for a holiday and came across their site. Are they legit or whats the story? I rang and got through to someone but got placed back on hold.
    The price of the specific flight I'm looking at is lower on their site compared to the same airline. Is that ok?
    Bottom line: has anyone dealt with these or am I blindly giving cc details?

Other thing: Travel insurance. Do I need it? Going to Canada

thanks all

I have used them twice for hotels in Germany and Flights and Hotels to Las Vegas. They are totally unflexible with flights though and would not change mine as I wanted to the split the Las Vegas - New York - Shannon into to Las Vegas - New York and then fly from NY to Shannon a few days later, and I had to book two new flights home which was a total pain in the wallet. Otherwise they are grand and seem to have better quality hotels listed than some of the dumps lastminute.ie entertain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭hornyfemale

Overall my experience has been good with ebookers. However I do suggest you keep an eye on your booking as I know it was by complete accident we found out our flight time had changed. I think this advice is the same no matter who you book with though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Slice

finbarrk wrote: »
    I would have thought that everyone would have heard about them. They have been around a good while now.

Ditto ...have you been living in a cave since the dawn of the internet? :pac:

Slice wrote: »
    Ditto ...have you been living in a cave since the dawn of the internet? :pac:

yes.. that and not all of us had the money to spend on holidays.. note that i'm 19 so the idea of booking holidays, comparing prices of holidays is a new thing.

I'm so sorry if I wasn't born with the knowledge of the internet into my head but I was busy. you know.. having a life? Any other smart remarks on a genuine question?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭johnfás

Very established firm - they used to have a big office on Dawson Street in Dublin where Starbucks now is. Only online now.

Advertisement